Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 16: What is your biggest regret as an educator?

I have three...

1.  Not majoring in a subject that I love (music or English).  I like science, but it's not what I love.
2.  With #1 said, because I am certified in Chemistry, Biology and Earth Science, I wished I would have just sucked it up and got my last 4 credits in Physics, so I can be certified in that too.  (Actually, I'm looking in to getting this, so this may go off my list).

And #3...and the biggest...
I wished I wouldn't have waited so long to try and get a teaching job.  For some reason, I thought since I didn't get a teaching job right out of college, no one would want me.  It took me until I was in my late 30's to realize I still had lots to offer a school and students...and until I was unemployed at 39, actually started to apply for teaching jobs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment