Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 6: What have you observed of other teachers that might work in your own classroom?

Sorry, I've been slacking (read: I'm in summer mode) on this blog challenge.  To continue...

I love going into other classrooms and seeing what other teachers are doing.  I also ask other teachers what they are doing in their classrooms.  My motto is "Beg, Borrow and Steal; why recreate the wheel?"

Here's a smattering of items and ideas I have borrowed from other teachers:
  • desk arrangements - how best to group for which lesson/activity you're doing
  • wall organization - how to get the most out of the posters you've spent hard earned cash for
  • lesson plans - from actual lessons to organization of those lessons
  • how to turn in papers - student focused instead of teacher focused
  • wiki ideas
  • classroom management tools
  • sub plans - how to organize, what information to include
  • grading ideas - what gets graded, what doesn't get graded, how to provide good and meaningful feedback
  • testing and assessment ideas
  • organizing my own desk 

Learning from others is such an important step in teaching - why not continually improve in everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment