Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 21: What was your most enjoyable moment as a teacher?

I was on vacation from blogging...not intentionally, just fell out of the habit.  Funny thing is that I've started dreaming about blogging in the last week, so apparently my sub-conscious is telling me to get back on the bandwagon.

Here we go...

Still working on my 30 day challenge which seems to be expanding into an entire year challenge!!

Today:  My most enjoyable moment as a teacher...hmmm...I have so many, but this one stands out:

Four years ago, I had a student in 8th grade science.  She was a great kid - friendly, smart, rule-follower - you know, your dream student.  Except for one thing - she HATED science.  She never told me this...until the last day of school that year.  She handed me a card which proceeded to explain how she hated science until that year - and THANKED me for making science fun and understandable and how she learned and found out she liked science.

It blew me away.

I wanted to become a teacher to make an impact, but even I was bowled over by this impact.  When you can influence and impact a student like this - it makes the job so worthwhile.

Let those people who have influenced and impacted YOU know about it!  Write them a thank you note, email them or tell them.

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment