Monday, January 6, 2014

The 3-Day

My sister-in-law and niece did a sugar detox a while ago and they recommended to me "The Sugar Detox: Lose Weight, Feel Great and Look Years Younger" by Brooke Alpert RD and Patricia Farris MD.  This plan is for 31 days - still do-able and with an end in sight.  We'll see...

The first three days are truly detox days.  I was eating only vegetables (and a restricted list, at that) and protein (eggs, some nuts and lean meats). I could have one cup of coffee and other than that, I was drinking water. 

My first day my cravings were so intense I would take naps to escape them.  Seriously...  My biggest craving this day was potatoes.

Second day was better.  I found I love cabbage mixed with lettuce and dry roasted sunflower seeds.  Awesome texture and flavor!  With just a little bit of basalmic vinegar - it's a really good salad.  My biggest craving this day - chocolate.

Third day felt like the first.  Intense cravings and I was really crabby.  I woke up with a migraine.  I kept at it.  New love?  Sliced red peppers in hummus.  Seriously amazing.  My cravings were all over the place today.

In addition to finding new things I love to eat now (I just hope I don't grow tired of them...), I have noticed these changes:

I pee a lot.
I'm already down 5 pounds.
My wedding ring goes on better. (Although, it might be the cold.)
My skin is starting to look better.  Especially my legs.  Subtle, but noticeable.

I survived what the book said to be the hardest.  On to week 1!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ,                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment