Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week 1

Week one brought fruit!  Well, kind of...because the only fruit I could have was one apple a day.  After not having anything sweet for three days, I found it amazing how sweet an apple could taste.

I started to get concerned about some things that I was experiencing...

Like, I was getting bored with eating the same or similar things - I could tell I was craving something different.  Different taste or textures - and I kept thinking that I wanted something sweet.  I was craving sweet.  And it scared me, because I didn't want to "cheat".  So I found stir-fry using olive oil.  This change is stretching my cooking abilities!

I had to travel towards the end of week 1.  I was concerned that I wasn't going to be able to control my choices and I really had to make peace with that.  I did have to eat some carbs (I tried to minimize the portion as politely as possible), but I did wake up with a headache the next day after consuming them.  Interesting?  Might gluten be a trigger on migraines for me?


Things noticed this week:

Pounds lost - 2 (7 total)
Many pairs of pants are getting baggy - including my jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment