Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 2

I started getting frustrated at the beginning of this week because I wasn't "feeling" the weight go off.  I had to keep reminding myself that this change that I've made wasn't about losing weight - it was about being healthier and feeling better...that the weight coming off was just a bonus.  Lots of mental stuff like that...

I was not really eating any new foods this week either, so I think that had something to do with my mental state.  I was able to add some fruit in - grapefruit, berries, melon.  I am not a huge melon or berry fan, so I went with the grapefruit. 

I tried a new recipe!  Who knew you could broil grapefruit?  I sprinkle cinnamon on the 1/2 grapefruit and broil for about 6 minutes.  OMG!  It is so good.  I even sprinkle cinnamon on grapefruit when I don't broil it!  It is wonderful.  Just think, I bet I put close to 1/8 cup of sugar on my grapefruit before this change.

I am really excited for Week 3 - there are lots of options coming up for adding back in pasta and bread (whole grain, mind you...) and chocolate!  (Dark - 70% cacao or higher) And I can't wait!!

This week I've noticed these things:

Down 2 pounds - total 9
I really can tell when my body needs water
My jeans are starting to bag and sag
I wore a pair of pants that I was planning to take back because they were too tight at Christmas!
I sleep really good - deep and uninterrupted
I can fall asleep really fast at night

No comments:

Post a Comment