Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gone From My Sight

I want to make a shameless plug for a great book that we were introduced to while my dad was in Hospice care.  It's more like a pamphlet (a quick read anyway...) and it walks you through the process of dying.  (It's listed below.)

And dying is a process...

In fact, when I was witnessing Dad's death, my intellectual side of my brain kicked in and I became facinated at what the human body does when it's dying.  Dying in itself is a miracle - just as the process of birth is a miracle.  I hope that you experience and witness dying some day...it changes you...I think...well, I guess you'll all see when I return to my life in Waukee. 

The Hospice Foundation of America: The Dying Process: A Guide for Caregivers
Barbara Karnes: Gone From My Sight: The Dying Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment